Monday, November 8, 2010

Hace Frio, Que Debo Hacer?

How can I design a simple way to stay warm for the winter? Living in an old farmhouse without the luxury of central heating, I must get creative in order to successfully roam the house and relax or work in various places without interrupting myself with shivers or complaints.

Step one: What are the places on the body where we lose most heat? Covering the head and toes is essential. I must knit myself a soft woolen hat that I can wear all day without transferring my distractedness to an itchy head from a scratchy cap. Socks are also one of the most crucial stay warm items. By wearing very long woolen socks I can stack functions, keeping my legs and feet warm.

Next comes the actual body. I am finding that one can insulate far better by wearing loose clothing of quality fabric rather than skin tight clothing. The extra room allows for movement which heats the body.

Aside from what I put on your body to warm it, there are things I can redesign in the space around me to select for a warmer climate. Curtains for the windows! Homemade window insulation! Cups of tea and piles of people. With this knowledge I will hopefully be prepared to design my getup and my environment to prevent shivers, lost sleep and grumpy moods throughout the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment